Thursday, May 9, 2013

[REVIEW] The Priest, the Witch & the Poltergeist



I really wanted to read and like this book. Unfortunately, I didn't.

I found the language so inaccessible that I was unable to finish the book. At first I thought it was due to the fact that English is not my first language, but I usually have no problem with texts like these. I just could not get through to the characters, to get to know and care about them. This is what made it impossible for me to finish the book.


The title is brilliant, as is the premise: In 1850 a poltergeist erupts in the home of a French village priest. He blames the local male witch, who reacts with the most modern of hexes: a lawsuit. In this extraordinary novel, based on a true story, there’s also a singing seance, a fruitless exorcism, a battery of nails, and a love story. You have to hear the story to believe it. And you have to hear the poltergeist to solve it. 


But I was unable to get through the language barrier, and sadly, left before I could find out what the poltergeist had to say. 


Since I did not finish the book, there is no rating.






No comments:

Post a Comment