Saturday, April 27, 2013

[REVIEW] Happiness Awaits You! by Carol Costa et al


This is one of those books that ended up changing my life.

While I think it would benefit from some more proof-reading and editing, and that the title can be misleading to some (I was quite underwhelmed for a while since it was not at all what I expected), I don’t really "mind" the sections dealing with beliefs that differ from my own. 

Many different beliefs are represented in the book, which, to me, adds to its credibility. Some stories are better than others, but those better stories made me overlook those that were not quite as good. Stories about people being “healed from disability through prayer” have a tendency to put me off reading, but I’m glad I kept going to the end. I'm already looking forward to rereading this - it's a keeper!

Rating: 4.5 bookshelves out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment