Saturday, April 27, 2013

[REVIEW] Polly's Wild Dance by Sydnee Elliot




I downloaded this Kindle book when it was free. Here's the book's description on Amazon:



After twenty-five years of dealing blackjack in Las Vegas, Polly Brilliant throws the cards in the air, sells everything she owns and makes a beeline to the Greek island of Kythira to paint, write, and forget about men. Or so she thinks.

Instead of escaping from life’s complications, Polly is met with uninvited apparitions of ex-lovers and husbands who propel her back in time to re-examine their madcap relationships. Are these specters seeking reevaluation or retirement?


Polly’s Wild Dance is the story of a middle-aged Jewish woman’s adventures in rebellion, self-discovery, and ultimately, reinvention.



Sounds interesting enough for a free read, right? Well, as I was reading, I found this book to be funny in that painful way. You know, where things are so absurd and funny in its sadness that you want to laugh, but feel bad about it?


I had a hard time putting it down, eager to know what would happen next. I kept forgetting it was fiction. When I remembered, I sighed with relief and laughed at the bizarre episodes in the life of Polly Brilliant.

This book has also been released under the pseudonym Ellen Karatzaferi.

Rating: 4 bookshelves out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment